BetaONE will rise again!

Old 29th Apr 02, 04:32 AM

razor
I am having problems getting any free DNS like dns2go or no-ip to work properly. I have configured my server properly and if I try to hit it without dn2go or no-ip I can get through, however, when I try to use any of the above I get a timeout error. I'm using windows xp home edition, the firewall is turned off, I do however have a router and I have opened the port that I'm using 27015. I had this working over 3 months ago and ever since then I haven't been able to get it to work again. Nothing has changed except updates from Windows Update site.

Has anyone else encountered any of these problems. I'm using Roger's@home cable internet. My drive is formatted with NTFS and I'm sharing the folder that my FTP serves.

Help!

RaZoR
Old 29th Apr 02, 05:10 AM

unicorn is on a distinguished road
One should think that there is a way to make G6 to detect changes in IP in some way. I never found out how to make it, had a question about it here for some time and never got an answer. My solution was to finally throw it out and go for GuildFTPd instead. Sorry for such an improductive answer - hope somebody else can make better this time.
Old 29th Apr 02, 12:13 PM
Administrator

belthazor is on a distinguished road
I think you basically answered your own question in the 1st 2 sentences.

My guess is while you may have your client configured correctly, the part about using a redirect may not be. I personnally use BPFTP server and dns2go and it works fine.

You can feel free to contact me about settings if you like on Messenger
Old 30th Apr 02, 02:51 AM

DopeWeasel can only hope to improve
Well, I was having similar problems. Had users on yesterday, and couldn't get any on after my cable went out on me at 3pm today. Rebooted, rechecked my firewalls, turned them off, used my own IP (instead of DNS) ect. ect. ect....

Then I started digging around and somehow BPFTP lost the port that I was using and defaulted back to port 21! I'm about ready to give up on that prog although I've sworn by it forever.
Old 8th May 02, 07:48 PM

razor
I just want to thank all the guys that helped me out. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work properly so I have disconnected my router and installed ZoneAlarm for now and I'll see if this works for now.

Thanks again

RaZoR