BetaONE will rise again!

Old 8th May 03, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

~*McoreD*~ is an unknown quantity at this point
u know in windows xp, one of the good features unlike in windows 2000 was u could share the internet with multi users. even when everybody were logged off, the internet connection would be there (assuming that Save this usename and password for the following users: Anyone who uses this computer is selected.

well in windows 2003, even after it is connected with this option selected, once we log off, the connection terminates. so the connection cannot be shared with multiple users as in windows xp.
we administrators find it very hard to continue without this.

have u guys got the same problem? any setting i have missed in my server? thanks for your help.
Old 11th May 03, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

~*McoreD*~ is an unknown quantity at this point
i found a solution thanks Sephiroth as it is done by NTSwitch. i really dont know why this doesnt work when it is as windows server 2003.
what i dont like is, i feel microsoft is just modifying their windows code a little, disable and enable some stuff and sell it as a new product for sky rocketing prices.
just check the system properties below. it says Windows XP Professional Version 2003!

the connection does not terminate any more, even after a user log off and another user logs in, provided that the connection is avaiable for everyone.
all what i want now is fast-user switching.
Old 11th May 03, 02:51 PM

FrogBait4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ~*McoreD*~@May 11 2003, 12:35 AM
what i dont like is, i feel microsoft is just modifying their windows code a little, disable and enable some stuff and sell it as a new product for sky rocketing prices...
Yes, I do believe this is the case!

I seem to recall, that before all the name-changing, that MS was calling this O/S "WinXP SE", or some such...

"Enhancing" it for Corporate Server use and pricing it way above Home O/S use would discourage software exploring and tampering, like from users on this Forum, don't you think???