BetaONE will rise again!

Old 6th May 03, 07:05 AM
cappaberra

A little background and continuation of my "dos user automated input" thread... I'm trying to write a php script to launch VNC (i'm using TightVNC) via my webserver (duh). So far I know that I need to launch "WinVNC.exe" as a windows user (ie. the shell i want to vnc into) and not the "console", which it seems to do automatically if the shell_exec statement works at all. So, this is where "runas" comes into play. The VB script (the first link) works perfectly within windows, however, when I try to execute the following php command, it doesn't launch the desired program (I hardwired user/pass/cmd into the script already):

shell_exec ("cmd /c wscript script.vbs");

it just seems like php executions are not all that they say they are. i've been trying to figure this out for the past four to five hours, with no luck. I've played around with many different combinations of syntax for the command, but nothing seems to get it working. Is there a dos version of VNC I could launch instead? I looked through the php manual at the user comments.. no help. i've searched google groups and the web... no help. So, I turn here, and maybe another forum or two.. I might go on irc at some point as well... Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
cappaberra