Old 14th Apr 03, 03:17 AM

felixml
Free up space on your hard drive! Here's how
hxxp://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stories/story/0,10738,2913330,00.html

Jason Parker,
Contributing Editor,
ZDNet Downloads
Monday, April 14, 2003

Recently, I attempted to download a fascinating little personal info manager only to find that I lacked the space for it on my primary hard drive. As a frequent downloader of software, this happens to me quite a bit.
Of course, I had to delete some of my data to make room for the new software. But what to delete? Good question.

Fortunately, there's software that can help out. I'm a visual person, so I like programs that show me what is taking up space on my hard drive. Once I can see which folders and files are using up the majority of my space, I can make room by moving or deleting stuff that I no longer need.

Here are three graphically minded disk-management tools that I've used for this task.

i.Disk displays the data on your hard drive in a tree structure, so you can see what's using up space. From there, you make room by pruning parts of the "tree." (Free/Windows)

TreeSize shows you a tree structure like i.Disk, but gives you more options for how you view that structure and what you can do with the data. This one has good sorting capabilities so you can quickly find what's eating up the majority of your hard drive space. (Free/Windows)

SizeExplorer also uses a tree structure to present your data, but gives you the additional option to view your drive in a colorful graph. You can then sort by a number of different criteria, such as file types, file size distribution, and more. This one is my favorite, and has the most options, but it costs $10. (Shareware/Windows)

If you're like me, you want to see what's going on with your hard drive. These programs give you an easy and efficient way to do just that and free up the drive space you need.
Old 15th Apr 03, 02:08 AM
Retired Crew

Alpine is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Alpine Send a message via AIM to Alpine
Thx sound a very great appz .. im going to find it !!

Thx !!

Here the link: http://www.webattack.com/download/dlidisk.shtml