BetaONE will rise again!

Old 29th Mar 03, 11:16 PM
BetaONE Supporter

rikytik is an unknown quantity at this point
No doubt in my mind that the US/UK will win. I only question the benefits vs. the cost. And the cost is greater than the billions of bux spent.
Old 29th Mar 03, 11:27 PM

unicorn is on a distinguished road
Nemisis: North Korea you say... Hmm, it never ends?

Now todays question: Is it the US that is Nemesis, or is it the wrath of Nemisis that one day will hit the US? What goes around comes around and in the end I'm afraid we will all learn that it takes an idiot to use a smart bomb.
Old 30th Mar 03, 12:31 AM
BetaONE Supporter

I'm a Canadian, but I did spend 3 years in the US Army and 4 years in the US Air Force.

I'm not opposed to war, per se, but think the US Administration rushed into this for reasons that are not totally clear to many people. It was sold as part of 9/11, which is a bit of a push. The cost is huge in relation to what's will be gained.

It's complex, each major government has an interest to protect. It's a politcal war and we're trying to make it out as a humanitarian war. I'm still convinced there are hidden agendas that impact on govenment decisions that many of us don't really take into account.
Old 30th Mar 03, 12:52 AM
BetaONE Supporter

Cactus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by rikytik@Mar 30 2003, 01:31 AM
It's complex, each major government has an interest to protect. It's a politcal war and we're trying to make it out as a humanitarian war. I'm still convinced there are hidden agendas that impact on govenment decisions that many of us don't really take into account.
Silly me . . .

All this time I believed this war was about the assumed presence of biological and chemical warheads that haven't been found yet. Or was it about the ties to Bin Laden? Uhm no, there isn't any proof for that eigther. Ah, I got it now, it's to free Iraq from a dictator. That would makes sence to people. Yes. That's it! It's to bring freedom to Iraq. . .

Sorry for the confusion . . .

And let it be said that we don't work with any hidden agendas. All we do is genuine!
Old 30th Mar 03, 01:59 AM
BetaONE Supporter

OK Le Cactus. Touche. But if that is the case, I wonder why there is so much difference of opinion between the major powers in the world.

Seems to me there is more to it than just freeing Iraqis from a dictator. If so, then the US Calendar for future "missions" must be pretty long. Gonna keep a lot of people busy for a really long time.

Maybe it's about OIL. After all, that's why Saddam went into Kuwait 10 years ago. It's a game of global poker and maybe the chips are oil reserves. Watch out when the coporate hi-rollers are moving behind the political scene.
Old 30th Mar 03, 12:50 PM
Administrator

JacKDynne will become famous soon enoughJacKDynne will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to JacKDynne
The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one age, called the Third age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time...

/JD

Old 30th Mar 03, 02:07 PM
BetaONE Supporter

Ah, JacKDynne, you are a philosopher and you give us cause to pause and dream--dream the impossible dream.

I was thinking about ages past this morning, how my father's ancestors were forced out of a constantly waring and very bloody Scotland in the early 1600's to work the plantations in Ulster, then how in the early 1700's they fled to avoid starving to North America. Then some went back to the Europe to give their lives in different but similar battles, centuries later. You're right, JacKDynne. The Wheel does turn.....