BetaONE will rise again!

Old 25th Jan 03, 10:08 AM
BetaONE Supporter

torataka has disabled reputation
All,

Admittedly, I'm on a suckass 10MB DSL connection (varies from 25 to 100 k/bps depending on the server), and living in Japan seems to even further slow my download speeds, especially on mIRC. I know some of it has to be blamed on the mIRC server I'm downloading from, particularly when there's multiple downloads from the same user who's sharing a certain amount of bandwith, as well as my distance from what are primarily U.S. servers I'm connecting to. With that said, I'm always trying to tweak my connection for exta speed in the hopes of getting speeds that will not drop me below minimum connection requirements (been bumped falling below 3 k/bps...most of my mIRC D/Ls are around 10-15 k/bps). I was fooling around today, and discovered the total Total Max Cps setting which was initially set to my Perform setting of 8192. I bumped it up to 30000 just for S&G based on a Deja thread I read, and kept the Perform setting at 8192, but it doesn't seem to have done much. So, to end a long, sordid story that I thank you for reading, does this Total Max setting really have any true bearing on D/L speeds, should I tweak it more, and is my perform setting of 8192 cool for a WINXP machine?

Thanks, and if anyone can solve this mystery I'll be forever indebted to you!

torataka