BetaONE will rise again!

Old 27th Dec 02, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

~*McoreD*~ is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

Sometimes when I download a file from IRC, it gets disconnected sometimes for server timeouts.
Then I have to paste the command again e.g. /msg BOTNAME xdcc send PACKNUMBER to the channel to resume the file. When I leave the computer overnight to let it download, I usually become frustrated when it has got disconnected from the channel in the middle of the night.

Like FlashGet, I want to know whether there are any application which could reconnect and apply the command /msg BOTNAME xdcc send PACKNUMBER for me automatically, when timeouts happens?

Thanks in advance...
Old 27th Dec 02, 10:24 AM
BetaONE Supporter

torataka has disabled reputation
McoreD,

DCCAssist should do you fine. Newest version--just released--is 1.61, which you can get to if you click on the Download or Forums links at the top of the page. It's always worked like a champ for me, and even though I have DSL my download speeds are sometimes so slow I fall below minimum speeds. This proggy will reconnect me, although, obviously, I lose my place in queue if there is one.

Give it a try and see if it works for you. Just keep in mind that you have to select your download from the Monitor Channels window, which can be found if it doesn't appear already by right-clicking on any mIRC screen and choosing Options-Monitor Channels. There's a whole lot else this program can do, but I use it primarily for resuming downloads.

Best of luck, I hope it suits your needs.

torataka

DCCAssist
Old 27th Dec 02, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Hi torataka,

I am very grateful to you. Thank you very much, for your detailed reply. I downloaded the zip file. I will check it out and let the board know. Thanks again.

McoreD

This is very important:

Just keep in mind that you have to select your download from the Monitor Channels window, which can be found if it doesn't appear already by right-clicking on any mIRC screen and choosing Options-Monitor Channels.
Old 27th Dec 02, 10:42 AM
BetaONE Supporter

torataka has disabled reputation
Glad to help. I haven't tried 1.61 one yet as I just discovered it as I was responding to your post. If for any reason you can't get that to work go back to 1.21 which was a stable version.
Old 27th Dec 02, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Torakata,

I downloaded the DCCAssist 1.61 and installed it properly. I felt it is too buggy as you said. I connected to a server and then to a channel. I waited till DCCAssist monitors files and adds them to the list. When the right file appeared, I right clicked it and Requested that pack. It began to open the same server and tried to join to the channel unlimited times. And the mIRC filled with duplicate server and channel windows. I don't the reason why. Prolly, as you said it is because it is an unstable version.

I checked the DCCAssist website, but was unable to find the 1.21 version. Can you please kindly email me that version, if possible. I like to try this out more. Thanks.
Old 27th Dec 02, 09:42 PM

FreeUS
wow! That is the script that I need!!.
Thanks torataka!
Old 28th Dec 02, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Excellent help Torakata. You are the man! Thank you very much! So greatful! You saved my time and stopped my frustrations!

Old 31st Dec 02, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Had to bump this thread to tell you that I uploaded the dccAssist v1.21 to one of my redistributing webservers.
As everybody is aware this is a freeware script. This version is not available in the author's website.

Download from here: http://mcoredtheblackened.tripod.com...st%20v1.21.zip

Tips related to dccAssist will be here in the future:

To automatically connect to the server, then channel and then to download the file
* This setting should be done after you manually connect to the server and then to the channel, at least once.
* Right Click in a dccAssist windows and click Option > Change Options
* Go to the Networks Tab
* The network name which you used to download files before will be listed in the drop down menu.
* In the server box, click the + button and type irc.servername.net. E.g. irc.freeware.net
* Click OK and go to Network tab again
* In the channel box, click + button and add the channels of that server #channelname. E.g. #godaddy
* Click OK

Now once you connect to the server and channel and the files were monitored by dccAssist and you request them and they go to DA.Status; you can hereafter right click the file in the DA.Status and click Release to resume.
Old 31st Dec 02, 03:28 AM

FreeUS
Thanks McoreD, but it seems (now) isnt there
"Sorry, the page or file you're looking for is not here."