BetaONE will rise again!

Old 1st Apr 08, 05:26 PM

NewsBot will become famous soon enough
Sponsorship Options Now Available
A few months ago, I got an e-mail from the Taco Bell Corporation about my unauthorized use of their name, logo. and other materials. I quickly got in touch with a lawyer to review my case and, after several rounds with their legal team, we were able to come up with an agreement. As part of the settlement, they have agreed to letting me continue to use my current name. In return, I will promote their fast-food chain through my online presence (i.e. user name, member profile, forum postings, etc.).

This whole situation has made me realize the fragility of such encroachments though and also instilled in me a desire to not have anyone else go through such an ordeal. Therefore, I've been working with various companies to elicit their sponsorship. To that end, forum members agree to help promote these companies in a similar fashion (exact details outlined below). In return, these members will receive monthly compensation. The exact nature of the compensation varies with each company, but it's quite generous. Here's a list of the companies I've lined up to date:
  • Adobe {Taken by quantumAlpha.}
    • Requirements: Prefixing your current user name with the company name, replacing your current avatar with one reflecting the company logo or one of their products, and a guerilla marketing post every other day on the forums.
    • Compensation: Four free licenses annually to the software packages of your choice.
  • Citi {Taken by Pakistan.}
    • Requirements: Prefixing your current user name with the company name, replacing your current avatar with one reflecting the company logo or one of their products, and a guerilla marketing post every other day on the forums.
    • Compensation: A special Citibank Mastercard with a monthly spending allowance of $50.
  • Dell
    • Compensation: A fifty percent discount on your purchases with a maximum amount of $1000 annually.
  • Ford Motor Company
    • Compensation: Invoice pricing on a new car every five years or a discounted lease for thirty-six months.
  • Go Daddy {Taken by Scott.}
    • Requirements: Prefixing your current user name with the company name, replacing your current avatar with one reflecting the company logo or one of their products, and a guerilla marketing post every month on the forums.
    • Compensation: Free domain registration and web hosting for up to four sites annually.
  • Kentucky Fried Chicken
    • Requirements: Prefixing your current user name with the company name, replacing your current avatar with one reflecting the company logo or one of their products, and a guerilla marketing post every week on the forums.
    • Compensation: A special gift card with a monthly spending allowance of $25.
  • McDonald's {Taken by Danthe.}
    • Requirements: Prefixing your current user name with the company name, replacing your current avatar with one reflecting the company logo or one of their products, and a guerilla marketing post every week on the forums.
    • Compensation: An Arch card with a monthly spending allowance of $10.
  • Pepsi
    • Compensation: A special collection of valuable coupons that amount to monthly savings of $30 (based on MSRP).
  • Pizza Hut
    • Compensation: A special gift card with a monthly spending allowance of $25.
  • Yahoo! {Taken by dkreifus.}
    • Compensation: A online gift card for their Yahoo! Music store amounting to $15 monthly.
Over time, I hope to expand this listing, but I feel it's substantial enough that I can now share this news with the rest of you. I also hope it will increase ieXbeta's activity level. Therefore, if you're interested in aligning with one of these sponsorships, please let me know. Note, these sponsorships are available on a first come, first serve basis, so don't delay. Contact me via PM today!

More...