BetaONE will rise again!

Old 29th May 03, 08:34 PM
BetaONE Supporter

M31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone come acoss a report that says weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq.

We were told before the war that such weapons could be deployed within 45 minutes. So where are they?
Old 29th May 03, 08:38 PM
BetaONE Supporter

GSD is an unknown quantity at this point
Who cares?? another murderous tyrant and his demon seed gone. The world is a slightly better place because of his eviction.

Zo

*edit*

Iran now has US combat forces on its eastern and western borders (iraq and Afghanistan). I dont think you will see much of a charade debate with the UN this time. Dance ayatollah dance

lmgdao
Old 29th May 03, 09:41 PM
BetaONE Supporter

rikytik is an unknown quantity at this point
It was never about weapons or one of the world's tyrants. It was about who controls the oil.
Old 29th May 03, 10:24 PM
BetaONE Supporter

Homie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by GSD@May 29 2003, 08:38 PM
Who cares?? another murderous tyrant and his demon seed gone. The world is a slightly better place because of his eviction.

Zo

*edit*

Iran now has US combat forces on its eastern and western borders (iraq and Afghanistan). I dont think you will see much of a charade debate with the UN this time. Dance ayatollah dance

lmgdao
I do, and other people who in their naivity and confidence in the judgement of some states, whom one could assume knew what they were doing, wanted to believe that this was about those weapons and not about U.S firms controlling Iraqi oil. But sadly I musy say, this looks like the last, and it doesn't smell good..... So sadly, if the weapons arent found this whole war was based on lies from one end to another, and this leads to the final question: Who's next on a certain president and his Born Again Christians list

just my 2 øre
Homie
Old 30th May 03, 12:44 AM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
It seems that might not be the only thing we were not told the truth about.

Quote:
Private Jessica Lynch became an icon of the war, and the story of her capture by the Iraqis and her rescue by US special forces became one of the great patriotic moments of the conflict.

But her story is one of the most stunning pieces of news management ever conceived.

"It was like a Hollywood film. They cried 'go, go, go', with guns and blanks without bullets, blanks and the sound of explosions. They made a show for the American attack on the hospital - action movies like Sylvester Stallone or Jackie Chan."

"There was no [sign of] shooting, no bullet inside her body, no stab wound - only road traffic accident. They want to distort the picture. I don't know why they think there is some benefit in saying she has a bullet injury."

I'm not happy to find out we might/were not told the truth, but I'm still happy he is out of power. As for the oil, I'd like to think that this was not the reason. Although, I don't doubt that it is why they did it.

Source - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...nt/3028585.stm
Old 30th May 03, 12:58 AM
Banned

robjohn
If you give the CIA half a chance, I suspect there will be weapons of mass destruction found.
Old 30th May 03, 04:49 AM

billybob3
Send a message via AIM to billybob3 Send a message via MSN to billybob3
Ya, really, if you actually believed Bush when he claimed that this war was about weapons of mass destruction, then you must have been living underneath a rock.

Operation Iraqy Liberation = OIL
Old 30th May 03, 06:40 AM

kamikazee
Send a message via AIM to kamikazee
You people are all just about the same, It's our Fault Hussien had nothing to do with it, we just wanted his oil, nevermind the mass grave's, the tortureing, the killing, their olympic team where failure meant torture or death. Nevermind the fact that he and his son's had thousands killed, he didn't do anything wrong it was all us. So it seems as tho that rock was big enough for all of us? I guess just as long as it wasn't your family member at the side of a mass grave wailing in agony because after years of not knowing they finally found you in the mass grave. Your the one that needs to crawl out from under the rock.
Old 30th May 03, 08:33 AM

Stringent is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't forget Iraq is a big country, if Saddam did have them he would have hidden them well. He has had years to hide them and comoflage them.

In any case, even if there aren't any (putting aside it WAS the main reason to go to war), at least he has been removed. No one can dispute all the terrible things he has done to that country, the mass murders, the gas chambers, crimes against humanity.

It will take about 10 years I rekon for Iraq to become stable again.
Old 30th May 03, 09:46 AM

KingCobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KingCobra
Quote:
Don't forget Iraq is a big country, if Saddam did have them he would have hidden them well. He has had years to hide them and comoflage them.
Yes, very true. We can't assume that there are no weapons of mass destruction just because we have not found them yet. If our/my government was so good at finding things we would have already found Bin Laden by now.