BetaONE will rise again!

Old 18th Nov 01, 05:39 PM

bmw528ia97
Send a message via MSN to bmw528ia97
First I would like to say that everyone@Betanet is great, thank you all for all the help I have recieved in the past, really shows all the cool people in the world.

I am having trouble setting up a server on my computer for gaming. My computer consistes of windows xp (Firewall disabled) I am connected to a netgear rt311 router and I am being shared with 2 other computers. I programed in my router a static lan ip for my computer which I entered in my tcip properites (192.168.0.4) My isp gave me a static ip by in a way it is dynamic because I entered in my static ip 10.240.240.19 into my router for the wan but when I go to a web site lik "whats my ip.com" I get 63.98.9.233. My friend has the same isp as I do and he can set up a server on his system. It seems like this router is preventing me from being accessed from the outside world. I have spoken to netgear support many times but the problem still has not recieved a remedy. I can ping my friends Ip address just fine not the 10.240 one but the 63.98 one (we are non the same circuit) but he recieves expires in trasit when he tries to ping me
I have already set up the router in the config menu through dos. I have set the default ports to foward to my static routed lan ip. I have also set up under that ports to foward to my ip and it still doesnt work. It looks like this

port IP

1. default 192.168.0.4
2. 80 192.168.0.4
3. 21 192.168.0.4

ECT.

I am now tring to setup my dns2go account. How do I set up the redirection in the dns2go to correspond with my router? I know all ports go on my isp's end cause my friend doenst have a problem.
Old 19th Nov 01, 04:12 AM
Administrator

BearCat will become famous soon enoughBearCat will become famous soon enough
Sorry, but the 10.x.x.x belong's to the nonroutable range of IP adresses

Your "local" LAN 192.168.x.x is connected to your ISP's "local" LAN 10.x.x.x

Then their LAN is connected to a gateway to InterNet, using 63.98.9.233

This mean's that only other user's at your ISP can connect, if they are on the same segment as you.

----ooO-(_)-Ooo----
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people know that.

Old 19th Nov 01, 11:12 PM

bmw528ia97
Thanks for the help I guess I am out of luck
Old 20th Nov 01, 03:00 AM

modD
Send a message via ICQ to modD Send a message via MSN to modD
if you forward port 80 to your ip only, i think the other computer in your network won't be able to access the web

btw check out this page for a list of commonly used ports, maybe it'll help you out

Practically Network's port list

i don't know about dns2go, i'm usind no-ip. but i think they're sort of similar. just run you client (after you've registered your dns name) and you're ready to run. what you need to make sure is that you've opened the right ports in your router's config.

if you're still having problems, post em here...

cheers
Old 20th Nov 01, 12:56 PM

bmw528ia97
Bear Cat. Well my friend who has a 63.xx.x.x can set up a server.

Would would happen if I config my router to open a port using the routers gateway ip for example

port ip
21 192.168.0.1