BetaONE will rise again!

Old 24th Jun 07, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Hunted is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Hunted
Vista Ultimate booting problem
Hi everyone,

Friday night I saw that Windows Update had updates to do. I saw 2 optional updates related to my Nvidia Raid/Sata controller. After the update I restarted, but got a BSOD STOP:0x0000007B. I tried Safe Mode / restore last good know configuration, tried repairing with Vista install cd, but nothing is working. I'm on my XP 64 partition now to try and find solutions to this problem, but I'm not getting anywhere fast.

The weird thing is is that I made a system restore point just before the update was done, but when I tried restoring it with the repair option off the install cd it said it can't find any restore points on my system OS drive.

Is there anything I can do to get vista to boot again? I really don't want to setup the OS again since it was running perfectly till this update caused a problem.

Your help and your time is much appreciated.

Oh btw, I'm running Vista Ultimate.

Cheers

AMD
Athlon 64 x2 4800+ - Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI
- 2048MB RAM - 160 GB SEAGATE Barracuda SATA HDD - Gigabyte 7900GT 256MB PCI Express GFX - CHENBRO SILVER Gaming Bomb
Old 25th Jun 07, 12:50 AM
Administrator

DoG will become famous soon enoughDoG will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to DoG Send a message via MSN to DoG Send a message via Yahoo to DoG
When you tried to repair vista with the DVD try loading the old raid/sata drivers (press F6 to load storage drivers etc etc) It could be that vista can't access the drive to find restore points.

Old 26th Jun 07, 04:24 AM
BetaONE Supporter

moen is an unknown quantity at this point
It is not unusual that the last or any other restore point does not work.
I have had this happen more than once. This is a prime example ot why one should do a ghost image periodically.

As for your current situation, I do not think you can get out of it unless you have a ghost or similar image of a recent good configuration.

moen
Old 26th Jun 07, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Hunted is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Hunted
Hi everyone,

I managed to get it sorted out by disabling the raid functions in the bios. For some reason I didn't think of doing that before. After it managed to startup again only then Windows update reported that the update was successful. I however decided to install the driver package from Nvidia website.

Vista is now however not reporting my Nforce 4 SATA controller anymore. I will have to look into that still.

Thanks for the help guys

AMD
Athlon 64 x2 4800+ - Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI
- 2048MB RAM - 160 GB SEAGATE Barracuda SATA HDD - Gigabyte 7900GT 256MB PCI Express GFX - CHENBRO SILVER Gaming Bomb