BetaONE will rise again!

Old 16th May 04, 07:45 PM
BetaONE Supporter

I_R_lectrishun is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been wondering which would be better for my home router duties. A Cisco 806 broadband router or using one of my PC's with Server 2003 and using the Internet connection sharing and Internet connection firewall.
The Cisco router has got alot of configurations that I really know nothing about.
I only bought it because the Netgear I had been using would lock up occasionally.
The only thing I don't like about the Cisco is that both the WAN and LAN interfaces are running at half-duplex and at 10mb. Maybe this is no big deal, I don't know, but I think being able to run at full-duplex would be better.
So, with the PC, I can set my NIC to run at whatever.
Lemme hear your opinions and if anyone has experience with a Cisco 806 and can help me configure it to work better than just the default settings, let me know.
Old 16th May 04, 08:53 PM
BetaONE Supporter

I_R_lectrishun is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, but this PC "router is also used for sharing two printers, a flatbed scanner and holds all my shared files.
It runs headless out in my garage and I connect to it using remote desktop connection.
I have a total of 4 computers sharing my cable internet connection.