BetaONE will rise again!

Old 29th Apr 04, 04:56 AM
Chopped Liver

tubebuoy is on a distinguished road
I'd like to try and add a perspective to the war in Iraq and the childish rantings of the Liberal Democrats...

Highway Deaths Hit 13-Year High in 2003

By John Crawley

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of U.S. traffic deaths rose nearly 1 percent in 2003 and reached a 13-year high at 43,220, the government reported on Wednesday.

It was the fifth straight year road deaths rose, although passenger car fatalities decreased. Sport utility vehicle deaths went up roughly 10 percent over 2002, with more than half of the victims in those crashes killed in rollovers. Motorcycle deaths also jumped.

Full story here...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...dc_2&printer=1

My point is, 43 THOUSAND people died in traffic accidents last year and thier deaths accomplished NOTHING! The US is now engaged in an effort to provide hope to the people of Iraq and bring the entire Islamic world into the 22nd century.

Asking our young men and women to put thier lives at risk is much different thant asking people to drive to work in the morning. Or is it?

}---:?

P.S. John Kerry is a total SKANK! And you know it!
Old 12th May 04, 08:32 AM
BetaONE Supporter

MinnesotaKid is an unknown quantity at this point
One question: What if the Islamic world doesn't WANT to be brought into to 21th century. I have been a supporter of this war since the beginning, but not anymore.

What have we accomplished? Where are the WMD's? Are we "really" safer than we were before?

Democracy cannot be forced upon a people. We haven't found the WMD's. Let's get the hell out!

To be brutally honest, I really don't care about the Iraqi people. I DO care about our citizens getting their heads cut off on video.

I don't like Kerry much either, but Bush has gotten us into a mess here and I don't see a good way out of this.

MNKid
Old 13th May 04, 03:28 AM
Mega Mod

wase4711 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wase4711 Send a message via MSN to wase4711
Its all about the evil 3 letter word........O-I-L

Yeah, I supported the war from the beginning too, but, once again we got ourselves into something that we didnt expect, just like Vietnam, Afghanastan, Bosnia, and so on..
The rest of the world doesn't support us, the people we try to "help" end up hating us more than the people we are fighting, so, I start to feel that its pointless for us to stay there..

We are spending about 35 billion every 3 months or so in Iraq, to "help" a country that has the second largest wealth of oil in the world..And now, they are bombing our troops, setting of roadside bombs everyday, and cheering the fact that Americans are getting beheaded..

Enough is enough; I say we leave them to self destruct, and kill them selves off while trying..They dont want us there, anymore, so why do we stay???

And, yeah Kerry sux as much as Bush does....these are the worst choices for president that I can ever remember seeing...